Last day of the year at work for me. Like many other posts at the end of the year, I kind of like to do a year in review, and also create some resolutions for myself.
First, the review! In the year of the Tiger, I…
- Traveled to Las Vegas for the first time.
- Was involuntarily unemployed for the first time in my life.
- Traveled to San Francisco for the first time.
- Traveled to California wine countries.
- Found a job, and learned about pressure control and more engineering than I ever desired.
- Lived in California, and experienced late spring all year.
- Traveled to Paris for the second time in my life.
- Wrote a novel.
- Failed to publish my current books.
- Auditioned for, and was rejected for, many things.
- Spent a lot of time at the San Diego Zoo, and learned more about Singing Dogs than I ever knew.
- Sampled and consumed a lot of good wine, thanks to California’s abundant wine resources.
- Began two new food-based websites. I hope to do more with them in 2011.
- Cooked more complicated items, like Beouf Bourginon, than I’ve ever cooked.
Not too shabby. I’ve probably forgotten some things.
Now, for the goals.
- Post in one of my blogs each day.
- Write and complete a new novel.
- Give up all artistic endeavors if they do not work out this year. Seriously, it’s time to stop mucking around and grow up.
- Strive to stop taking everything personally.
- Be present more. Listen to what’s going on, and focus. People are talking for a reason.
There are a few other, more personal goals that I’ve set aside that I’m not comfortable sharing, but there you have it.
What are your accomplishments and goals for 2010/2011?